Everyday we see and hear something strange. These are the things that make the day interesting, and since I can't share them at the dinner table, I thought I'd just put them up here for all the chuckle about...
Today I was driving behind a minibus, and there was an ad taped onto the back window saying "WIFE WANTED. CONTACT 09 290 051." Hey, nothing wrong with being straight forward right?
Yesterday, I was driving one of my nurses home. She's sweet, but between the two nurses, shes a bit more...manipulative. I am contemplating getting a kitten to keep me company, and I asked how to say cat in Chichewa. She said "Shashi". I thought that was adorable and thought I'd name the cat Shashi. I came home and told my wonderful house helper, Sheena, and said "Sheena, I am thinking of naming it Shashi!" She looked very suprised. I said, "it means cat in Chichewa right?"...apparently cat in Chichewa is "mpaka" and shashi is a very slang word meaning "very rich person." This is make for an interesting conversation at work on Monday...
Well, besides the usual weird things you see here - rats being sold fried on a stick along the highway, guys begging you to buy mops when you pull up to get gas - that's about all for now. I'll keep you all posted....
Now I need to add the prospective husbands phone number into speed dial. You never know when you might need one of those guys around... just kidding
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment