The rains are VERY heavy; the bugs are crawling from every crevice and corner; my kitten is taking over my pillow every night...but I'm happy to be back. This weekend was really very relaxing- Saturday I dropped Laurel off at the airport, did some yoga, and had dinner with my friend Kathleen (one of the 2 other Fulbrights, who now lives in Blantyre about 1 mile from me). We watched one of my all time favorite movies, The Shawshank Redemption, and ate lentils for dinner. Then, (thanks to MEP) I stayed up allll night watching episodes from 24. This morning, I woke up late, picked up Kathleen, did some errands and we went for a nice run to the President's house. Dinner at Liyaka's and now here I am giving you the run down of a quiet weekend in Blantyre.
This afternoon, the boys whose father works around my compound came by asking if they could sweep my porch. I let them, gave them a small payment and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them. By the time they were done, it was pouring, so I invited them inside to play cards and a marble game called Bawo. They are all very adorable - Yohanne, Antony, Valero and Mphatso. I had fun, and even showed them a few magic tricks, which they loved!
Tomorrow it is back to work - 4 am wake up, 4:45am departure. I'll pretend to go to bed, and watch some 24 instead...
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment