Zach, you will appreciate this:
I was on my way down the dusty road to my house when a man seemed to be approaching my car. He had dreadlocks (unusual for a Malawian), no shirt, and wore torn capri pants. In his hand was a carton of Chibuku ("Shake, Shake") beer - it is beer that comes in a cardboard carton like milk or orange juice. I slowed down to go over a very large speed bump, and he kept approaching my car until he was standing with his thighs touching my car hood. He stared at me like a deer in headlights while I honked my horn several times. He didn't move. I honked again, and motioned for another person on the side of the road to help me. No one would help. With my heart starting to pound, I locked the door and let the car roll a little bit. The man dropped the beer and put his hands on the hood of my car. I couldn't move. (Zach likes to do this to me as a joke when he doesn't want me to leave, except that is funny and this was not). So, I just started to drive, and let the corner of the car brush the guy's leg. I think it pissed him off, so he punched my car window really hard as I drove off. AHH!
That's the story for today. That plus the fact that I bought tons of stuff for the new apartment. Guests start arriving Jan 2!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment