Well, I made it! Here it is, the very first entry from ICON, the internet cafe down the street from my house. Blantyre is exactly how I left it- same store fronts, same sounds and smells, same smiles. I was welcomed at the airport by Lacey (a WashU med student)and Liyaka (one of the PPB team members and a friend from last visit here). I'm excited, tired, and a bit nervous, but I am looking forward to getting my feet on the ground here. It's going to be a great trip, and the study is set to begin this coming Tuesday!
It has been quite a long journey (left NY on Wednesday night and arrived in Malawi on Friday night!) so I think I'll leave this entry short and sweet. I hope everyone who reads this will share the excitement of this trip and will send me emails from home. Miss everyone already!
-DKM
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi there...sorry did not get to talk to u before u left....wishing you much success and happiness in your studies abroad. geezzzz...i still think about that curly haired 2 year old....hmmmmmmmm...
hope your year brings you everything you are wishing for...Auntie Carol
Post a Comment